Thursday, November 6, 2008

Apia, Samoa

Jack and Lexie, you've heard, and helped create, your bedtime stories. Many start like this "long, long ago, and far, far, far away, on an island in the middle of the south Pacific....." Well today I swam in a lagoon off an island in the middle of the south Pacific. And next time we create one of those bedtime stories, we'll have to include baby black tip sharks! There are a few of them lurking about in the waters here and they are especially interested in people who come to swim early in the morning!

As you can tell, mies liebe, I have more stories to tell you when I get back. The Black tip sharks of Samoa are only part of the narrative. There is also Atariki (son of the king), anthropologists who re-established monuments decimated by monsoons, deadly box-jelly fish and cuddly wombats.

Every thing I see, I want to bring to you. But I know you would like better to see it all for yourselves. The sooner the better. Because like Mrs Curci says, we only get one spin.

No comments: